[Gardiner Chess has elected to be treated as an organisation under the opt-in provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)]
This web site is owned and operated by Chess Success Pty Ltd T/A Gardiner Chess and will be referred to as “We”, “our” and “us” in this Australian Privacy Principles (APP) document. By using this site, you agree to the APPs of this web site (“the web site”), which is set out on this web site page. The APPs relate to the collection and use of personal information you may supply to us through your conduct on the web site.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify or remove portions of this Australian Privacy Principles document at any time. The APP is in addition to any other terms and conditions applicable to the web site. We do not make any representations about third party web sites that may be linked to the web site.
We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to our web site, in particular information that is capable of identifying an individual (“personal information”). The APPs govern the manner in which your personal information, obtained through the web site, will be dealt with. This APP should be reviewed periodically so that you are updated on any changes. We welcome your comments and feedback.
Use of Information
2. Personal information that visitors submit to our site is used only for the purpose for which it is submitted or for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose, unless we disclose other uses in these APPs or at the time of collection. Copies of correspondence sent from the web site, that may contain personal information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
Collecting information on Registered members
6. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
7. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
8. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
9. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
10. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information from Users
11. IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
12. Cookies and Applets
Access to Information
13. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information, which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
14. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
15. We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
17. For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.
Registration for individuals is via our iClassPro app, and is only available on selected tournaments.
For all questions please contact Shaun on email@example.com.
Please Note: This form is for School Teachers & Coordinators ONLY. Individual registrations are unavailable at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please call the Gardiner Chess office (07) 5522 7221 or email Shaun on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Step One: Download the spreadsheet below and complete all details. For all questions please contact Shaun on email@example.com
Step Two: Complete the form below and upload the spreadsheet.